Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Make-up: When Less is More

Hey there,
It’s me, the complainer/change maker, again…Yayyyyy, you will say (hopefully). 
So, today I want to share with you something that really distracts everybody, which is “too much make-up”. 
To start with, I will explain what I mean when I say “wearing too much make-up”. It includes simultaneously emphasizing both eyes and lips, having dark smokey eyes during the day, an eyeliner that looks like a really, really dark eyeshadow, or why not even having foundation or powder that’s couple of shades darker or lighter than your natural skin color.
As you walk down the streets of Yerevan, you will see many women and girls with excessive make-up. Why do they do this? 

          Well, maybe because they think men like it. However, let me assure you that one of the first things they wonder about you at that point is, “I wonder how long it took her to put all that on?” Another reason is that they are possibly trying to hide their flaws, such as zits or blackheads and it is totally fine as long as they do it right.

          This said, I recall all the women and girls out there to cut down on the make-up and look more natural. 
Do have smokey eyes, but when you are going out at nights, do enhance your skin with foundation, but make sure your face and your skin don’t differ in color, and do have minimal make-up, when it comes to your everyday look.

P.S. Go ahead and share your thoughts on what make-up YOU use during the day and when going out. 


By Anna Bakunts

8 comments:

  1. So when I go out during the day I usually tend to have just a little eyeliner with mascara on my eyes with gorgeous shiny lip gloss!

    However when I go to dinner with the girls I put on very light foundation just so it will compliment my skin tone.... to enhance my beauty. I love the smoky eye look because it gives a woman confidence, a woman's eyes is what men look at when they look at her face. If you have the smoky eye look during the night while you'r having a blast with the girls I assure you there is nothing wrong with that... Having it at 3pm when the sun is shining bright and all you can see on your face is 2 dark spots "smoky eyes" that I can guarantee wont attract men :)

    Just saying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Guy and this is waht i thing Girls... a " S. M. I. L. E " is The Best "Make-Up" Any Girl Could Wear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRUEE!!! GIRLS STOP OVERDOING THOSE POINTY EYELINERS AND DARK EYESHADOWS CUZ THEY GET SCARY NOT CUTE LOOL.

    hum... nude lipsticks ( and matching lip gloss) are so in and so simple and yet soo hot!!! try using just eyeliner and a little maskera ( no fake lashes plz) and preferably no eyeshadow during the day ... maybeee a lil bronzer on the chicks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said girl))) armenian girls are excessive make up followers no matter they are goin' to club or to market :)
    it's time to do some education in that sphere i think))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that in Yerevan well -done make-up is a big problem.I think that every thing should be natural.I dont speak about some spetial events when the extra make up is nessesarry.
    I am sure that a little maskara and lip stik is enought

    ReplyDelete
  6. Less is way better sometimes, but then there are those times when you need more just so u can stand out, but it needs to be done with class and style and not all over the place, u cant have smokey eyes with a dark shade of lipstick or heavy blush u gotta pick out and go light on the rest, alot of girls over due it and think it looks nice, but ladies always keep in my less is more, its sexier and classier, dont make yourself look like a clown...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I don't live in Armenia, but i have visited. I've seen the way girls dress, do their hair and makeup. I have to say that they try too hard, to look "perfect". Simple thing, when all a girl has to do is go downstairs to the grocery store, she prepares herself like she's going out. She does the hair and makeup and puts on high heels. I've never seen anthing like that in America, it's ridiculous. I just think the more natural you look the better you'll be conceived.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally I really enjoy doing make up :)))) One day I can go out with a slim natural make up, another day I can leave home with bright and attractive eyes :) the only rule I always follow is "Stress only eyes, eyes and eyes, rarely stress lips, never combine these two". Another important thing is that a time is needed for girls to get used to their own face and understand the right way to stress advantages and hide minuses. So try to avoid girls who are still in the searching stage. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete